Saturday 13 February 2016

I was very blessed and recieved a early birthday gift from my wonderful wife, a Canon 1200D DSLR!

Over a night or two I have been trying to figure out settings and what would be needed for a few nightscape images to start off my AP adventures.
Most of them turned out pretty awful and cannot be shown anywhere ever!

One that did give me a nice surprise though was a image with a meteor streaking toward Eta Carina!
This was caught with a 15 second exposure at ISO 800, it was not yet completely dark as can be seen in the image.
You can just begin to discern the Eta Carina nebula in the image, it appears as though the meteor is about to hit it.
And this makes me wonder what I would get from it with longer exposures and with it fully dark.
Of course this question will need to wait until after the clouds have cleared, no surprises there!!!

So here it is:






It's a good start and I hope to steadily improve from here.
Another thing I need to remember is not to shoot in JPEG mode but rather RAW mode.

Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment