Sunday 9 June 2019

IC 4665, Sketch.

This is a sketch I made of IC 4665 on the 31st May 2019.

IC 4665 is a easy to find Open cluster in the constellation Ophiuchus.
Visually, from my light polluted backyard,  it is well spread out with the brighter stars in the 7-8th magnitude, there are a sprinkling of 8th and 9th magnitude stars that fill out this cluster.

After some careful study of the field and star patterns in the cluster, I set about sketching it.
The sketch was initially done with  pen on white paper.  I then took a photo of the sketch and inverted it in photoshop.
After that I had some more fun with photoshop and tried to produce a digital version of the sketch with colour added to more closely match to the eyepiece view.

Hope you enjoy both.







No comments:

Post a Comment