Sunday 23 April 2017

COMET C/2015 ER61(PANSTARRS).

APRIL 16 2017.

Target was comet C/2015 ER61(Panstarrs).

Equipment used.

Skywatcher 102 alt/az goto(synscan).
Canon 1200D.
ISO 800

This was a few frames taken in the early hours of Monday morning 4AM just before dawn.
This was part of a all night session that started at 7PM and involved some video astronomy, some visual and some AP/

This is my first crack at a comet so I am pretty pleased at the result.
This is only a handful of subs so there was plenty of noise and I had to cut back the stretching so as not to further exacerbate the noise during post processing.
I was pushing the stretching to keep the little bit of the tail I managed to capture.

And here it is.


2 comments:

  1. Well Buckaroo, you did proud with this comet! I take it the faint luminosity from the blue orb moving toward 11:30 +/- is the tail? Anyway, darned nice capture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Bob it is indeed!

    It is actually a little longer if I stretch the image further but then so much noise comes into it's hard to fix that!

    ReplyDelete