Tuesday 4 April 2017

Solar in White light Sunday 02 April 2017.

At long last I have something to post here.

This Summer weather is nowhere near what it used to be. There seems to be more and more cloud cover in recent years.
Climate change is a harsh reality!

Right, back to Sunday's adventures.

The equipment used was a s follows:

Skywatcher 102.
Canon 1200D.
Mallincam Hyper Colour and 7 inch monitor.
DIY solar filter.with baader solar film.

I started out by doing a bit of visual only and was enjoying the nice large sunspots AR 2644 and AR 2642.
Even in white light they are very clear and large!
Then I swapped out the eyepiece for the DSLR.

Took about 60 frames at 1/800 of a second at a ISO of 100. Saved to file and then popped in the Mallincam.

Again a short learning curve to figure out the settings for solar and I had a decent image on screen.
At this point I called my wife Trish out for a look, first in the eyepiece and then back to the cam.
She enjoys the monitor views far more than having to squint through a eyepiece!

So it was a great way to laze away a Sunday afternoon. Just the way I like it!

For the life of me I could not get registax 6 to align and stack the DSLR images. I could not get to the bottom of the problem since my Registax knowledge and skills are pretty poor!
So out of desperation I popped a single image into Star tools and set about processing that.

I was very surprised at the resulting image, probably one of the best I have taken to date.
Not sure what was different, I put it down to a purely lucky shot on a good day. I have not done any solar AP in a while so was happy with the results.

At some point over the next weekend I will revisit Registax and see if I can get those frames stacked etc.

So here is the image.


Thanks for reading and feel free to comment etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment