Sunday 15 October 2017

Milky way photograph.

MILKY WAY.

This image was also captured from our dark sky site.
This one was done with the camera on a static tripod pointed at almost zenith to get the image.

These a several images that have been stacked without any darks etc.

The full details are as follows:

Canon 1200D
30 second exposures.
ISO 1600
Lens EF-S 18-55mm, F3.5 set at 18mm.

The processing of this image gave me headaches. With each successive re-process I obtained a slightly improved or worse image, getting the final image was from re-process after re-process.
I think I have about a hundred discarded images from all the processing.

The image below is probably the one I have liked the most so far.
The other issue was focus.
Getting the focus right with this type of image is always difficult. On this one it's close but not perfect.

It's one of the best images of the Milky way that I have managed to date and I am hoping to have it printed and framed for my wall.


Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and take a look at the images.




2 comments: